[Coco] NitrOS-9 Project Website Update

James Jones jamesjones01 at mchsi.com
Sun Jul 23 19:42:10 EDT 2006

Robert Gault wrote:
> Looks very good but on a dial-up connection the pages load very slowly.
> I think the looks would not suffer much if lower resolution graphics
> were used. A reduction in both resolution and color would greatly speed
> up the process for those of us that don't have broadband.

Looking at the properties of the images of the CoCo and Dragon, they're
about 24K each--so that's maybe 10 seconds at 56Kb/s. The surprises are
the borders: I'd be inclined to do them as GIF or PNG, since they're
line art, and should compress extremely well. (Just tried header.jpg;
switching to one-bit color and exporting to GIF took it from 33.8K (six
or seven seconds of dialup download time) to 484 bytes.)

	James