[Coco] Re: Sierra games with sound!!

Boisy Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Fri Jul 21 09:11:39 EDT 2006

Guillaume,

I've placed all of the files for all games in the NitrOS-9 Project.
Now the games get automatically made for 40 and 80 track disks.  The
only loose end to tie up is the tOC files. They are different for
different games.  KQ1 seems to have its own, KQ2 and SQ1's seem to be
the same and SQ2's is different from the rest too.

Seeing that you reverse engineered the sound, perhaps you might be
interested in creating the equivalent of a tocGen utility too.  This
would read tOC.txt files and generate the appropriate tOC file.  I've
looked at these tOC files and they seem to have some extra bytes that
I cannot identify.  Do you think this is something you could do?  It
would allow us to automate the creation of these tOC files at compile
time in the NitrOS-9 Project.

Very excited about the direction of these games, BTW!
--
Boisy G. Pitre
337.781.3570 mobile
email: boisy at boisypitre.com
Website: www.boisypitre.com

"If there is truth to the proposition that knowing the past helps us
to understand the present, I believe there is at least as much truth
to the proposition that what we know of the present is crucial to our
understanding of the past.  What we have not ourselves experienced or
observed we can at most only partially and imperfectly comprehend;
and I suspect that there is much in history that is so remote from
our own experiences or observations as to be largely beyond our
understanding." - Kenneth M. Stamp