[Coco] Help - CoCo emulator disk image formats...???

Carey Eugene carey at cebridge.net
Sat Jul 15 00:45:06 EDT 2006

Bob;

> The latest version of Omniflop will read 3.5" double sided 80 track OS9
> disks.

Which one are you talking about?  v2.01i or v2.01j?

The 2.01j isn't up on his website yet, although you can download it by
changing the filename.

The 2.01i can't read my 5.25" 40 track 360k dsdd OS9 disks, although it
could do other CoCo 360k disks.  It thought they were some new weird format
it had never seen before.

v2.01j can read them.

So maybe B&P have a slightly unusual format that 2.01i just doesn't like.

I was taking a look at my os9 v2.06a program source and maaaaan that code is
ugly...[grin]

It looks like it's doing the 256 byte sector stuff in a way that XP's dos
box doesn't like.  That's why it doesn't work.

But I don't know if I can get it to work.  It depends on just how many
int13's Microsoft has disabled or chose not to emulate.  People have been
saying for years that XP's dos box (cmd.exe & command.com) are extremely
broken, so it's probably the needed interupts are neutered.

I'd have to hunt up my old Turbo C++ 3.0 too, to work on it.

Carey