[Coco] Virtual PC Is Now Free!

John R. jhoger at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 16:17:23 EDT 2006

On 7/13/06, Roger Taylor <webmaster at coco3.com> wrote:

> System Requirements
>
>     * Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Service Pack 4; Windows
> Server 2003, Standard Edition (32-bit x86); Windows XP Service Pack 2
>

> I don't know if I can use this system to install Red Hat Linux 9.0 on my
> laptop and either dual-boot or run concurrently with XP SP2 but that would
> be NICE for CoCo development.  ;)

For VMs, by supported OS they usually mean host, not guest.

Last I heard Microsoft is now committed to supporting Linux guests on
Virtual PC.

When using a VM you don't dual-boot. And generally you can't use a
virtual machine image "live" to really boot the machine. It lives in
the walled garden of the VM software (there are exceptions). Well you
kind of can but it's black magic and you wouldn't do it as a matter of
course.

-- John.