[Coco] Virtual PC Is Now Free!

Brian Blake random_rodder at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 13 15:41:10 EDT 2006

Roger,

In my limited experience with it, MS Virtual PC has had some issues installing Linux distros. I couldn't get Fedora 4, Xandros or Mandrake 2005 to install under MSVM.

Virtual Machine worked a bunch betterfor the Linux stuff I've done.

Brian

Roger Taylor <webmaster at coco3.com> wrote: At 01:38 PM 7/13/2006, you wrote:
>At 10:48 PM 7/12/2006, you wrote:
>
>Bummer....
>
>Microsoft
>Virtual PC 2004 Systems Requirements
>
>Virtual PC 2004 SP1 runs on: Windows 2000 Professional SP4, Windows XP
>Professional or later, and Windows XP Tablet PC Edition or later.

Well, on the download page it goes on to say...

System Requirements

    * Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Service Pack 4; Windows
Server 2003, Standard Edition (32-bit x86); Windows XP Service Pack 2

I don't know if I can use this system to install Red Hat Linux 9.0 on my
laptop and either dual-boot or run concurrently with XP SP2 but that would
be NICE for CoCo development.  ;)

--
Roger Taylor