[Coco] Aussie 2 meg installation - results

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jul 11 06:31:34 EDT 2006

Only 7 bits can be read of $FFAx on a Coco3. That means $3F is the
largest meaningful value equal to 512K RAM. A correct memory test will
not attempt to read the values stored in $FFAx but rather check memory
itself.

I've enclosed two of my memory test programs that can handle up to
8Megs. VIDTEST.BIN is a graphic test and assumes errors will be visible.
MEMTEST.BIN attempts to write $00, $55, $AA, and $FF to memory and is
somewhat slower. Neither program overwrites the Disk Basic system space.