[Coco] Disto 2 Meg kit

Stephen H. Fischer SFischer1 at MindSpring.com
Mon Jul 10 22:20:15 EDT 2006

Hi,

I just got a response from Bob Devries that just consisted of a link to the
PDF of the 2 Meg instructions that appear to be similar to what I got with
my 2 Meg kit.

He appears to believe what I have is the same.

I do not think that it is.

Here is the beginning of what I have.

Inside DISTO's 2-Meg Kit
Tony Distefano

Inside the DISTO 2 Meg Kit
Introduction:
This brief will describe, in detail, how the DISTO 2 Meg Kit for the COCO 3
works. In order to fully comprehend the following brief, I will assume that
you are already very familiar with CPUs, DRAM (Dynamic Random Access
Memory), discrete logic gates, circuit diagrams and understand how the GIME
chip of the COCO 3 works. It is also recommended that you have and
understand the complete schematic diagram of the COCO 3.

Included is a full schematic diagram of both the DAT board and the Memory
board as well as a full listing of the PAL (Programmable Array Logic) chip.
The discussion will start with a short overview on what is required to get
the COCO 3 to recognize and use 2 megabytes of memory. Then, a review of how
the GIME works, followed by a theory of operation of DRAM refresh. Finally,
there will be a 'chip by chip' circuit description and timings. Although I
have spent a lot of time and effort into making this brief as accurate as
possible, there is always a chance or errors.

We are not talking about the same thing in my option

Tony said on a posting somewhere that he did not sell many copies.

I paid ~ $25 for the booklet.

Stephen H. Fischer