[Color Computer] [Coco] Reporting SPAM

Alex Evans alxevans at concentric.net
Sun Jul 9 00:54:01 EDT 2006

On Jul 8, 2006, at 4:06 AM, James Diffendaffer wrote:

> I finally gave up switching new email accounts since a friend of mine
> forwards any joke he gets from anyone to everyone without stripping
> off email addresses and everything makes its way to a spambot infected
> machine.  So I stopped emailing him... and spam has slowed.

This is partly a problem with the state of most of the email clients
currently in use.  It is funny.  the defaults on mail, pine, elm, etc
for forwarding a quoting email messages didn't result in this (they
don't generally include headers in forwards or replies, and they do
reasonable (and different) quoting styles for replies and forwards).
Alas this is all merely crying over spilt milk.