[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: MAS/EDT

James Diffendaffer jdiffendaffer at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 9 00:49:51 EDT 2006

--- In ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com, "David Bush" <twixt at ...> wrote:

> MAS/EDT is an assembler/editor package that used to be sold by Tom Mix
<snip>
> For example, MAS allowed for
> local labels. If a block of code is separated by blank lines from the
> rest of the code, you could place a local label there (essentially a
> lowercase letter a-z) and any branch to it would be recognized, even
> if the same label exists outside of that code "island."

Macro80C also supported this feature and it was really nice.
You didn't have to create a never ending list of local lables, just
reuse them.  I think local lables used the @ symbol as part of them.

> EDT allowed
> for easy generation of the next local label which has not been used
> yet in the current code island. Also, EDT would keep the line you are
> typing in the middle of the screen, which is easier to look at than
> the bottom. It had all sorts of cool stuff like this.

That sounds cool.  I don't remember Macro80C's editor having features
like that but it was definately better than the Radio Shack stuff.
I do think it had some features related to jumping to lables but it's
been so long I'm not sure.

Yahoo! Groups Links