[Coco] [Color Computer] MAS/EDT

David Bush twixt at cstone.net
Sat Jul 8 16:21:11 EDT 2006

MAS/EDT is an assembler/editor package that used to be sold by Tom Mix
Software, and written by Sonburst Software. I have MAS and I regard it
as the best assembler for 6809 ML assembly, better than the EDTASM
rompack or disk version, better than EDTASM3. I would really like to
find a copy of the EDT editor to work with it. EDT had many nice
features which coordinated well with MAS. For example, MAS allowed for
local labels. If a block of code is separated by blank lines from the
rest of the code, you could place a local label there (essentially a
lowercase letter a-z) and any branch to it would be recognized, even
if the same label exists outside of that code "island." EDT allowed
for easy generation of the next local label which has not been used
yet in the current code island. Also, EDT would keep the line you are
typing in the middle of the screen, which is easier to look at than
the bottom. It had all sorts of cool stuff like this.

Does anyone know where I can get EDT? I did purchase a copy a long
time ago, but my first CoCo was stolen. I would also like to buy a copy
of the manual which came with it.

Thanks!

Yahoo! Groups Links