[Coco] Firewall Alerts

Alan Jones ojones at elp.rr.com
Sat Jul 8 14:38:44 EDT 2006

PaulH96636 at aol.com wrote:
> I've been on AOL for many years.  AOL seems to have a great spam  blocker
> built into v9.0SE
> as I get less than a dozen spams per week.  I know this sounds like a  plug,
> but that's the
> way it is, (with Verizon DSL too).
>
> Still haven't received any replies regarding an experience using dial-up  and
> getting dozens of
> firewall alerts reporting remote computers trying to access my  computer.
> Guess no one else
> has gotten the same result.
>
> -ph

Paul,
I have gotten those alerts before even when I was using dial up. I quit
using dialup about two years ago. I used to us ZoneAlarm firewall and it
would tell me when someone else was trying to access my computer. I
didn't worry about it because ZoneAlarm locked them out. But it was
amazing to see how many times I was getting "probed." :)
I use Symantec Client Firewall now and it works very well.

Alan