[Coco] Propeller CoCo emulator.

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Fri Jul 7 14:08:08 EDT 2006

Jim Cox wrote:
> All:
>
> I just received this email, and was blown away from the screen shots.  I
> will reread the comments in the forum to confirm it, but it looks like
> someone has a CoCo Emulator running on a Parallax Propeller Chip.  Like
> I said, I need to confirm this, but this is incredible if it is true.

I downloaded the code, and yes it's impressive, I recon I might look
into having a play with one of those propeller chips myself, strikes me
that it might make an excellent little IO proceesor type thing.....
especially as they do a DIP version, so much easier to prototype, main
disadvantage for hooking up to a Dragon/CoCo, is that it's a 3.3v, still
I suppose a CPLD or something similar could be used as a level shifter.

Though it does look like the downloaded code is more of a simulator
rather than an emulator, it basically seems to be simulating color
basic, rather than emulating the CoCo hardware and running 6809 code,
impressive all the same.

Phill.