[Coco] Re: NEW GAMES (kinda sorta) FOR THE COCO 3!!!!

Charlie chazbeenhad at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 6 21:39:22 EDT 2006

> You can download the games from my web server at:
> http://goyim.dyndns.org:8080/coco/
>
> You'll have to rename them to .os9 to make them work in MESS. You can play
> the games right off the disks, no hard drive is needed. Type "sierra" to
> start the game. There is still one glitch though: the sound data of theses
> games is incompatible with the coco interpreter. So you'll have to start
> the game with the "-m" option to disable sound or else the game will lock
> up. Also, if you are using a RGB monitor, add the "-r" option.

Tonight I made the disks for KQ1 and KQ2. They loaded up and seemed to play
great on my CoCo.
Disk 2 of KQ1 (kq1-2.dsk) wont work with DSKINI. I had to use MESS and mount
the file (renamed to .os9)
I copied each file over to a blank disk image using Nitros9. I was able to
use DSKINI to create a disk of the
image I made. I haven't played KQ1 far enough for it to ask for disk 2 yet,
so I hope it works.

Thanks again. Tomorrow I will make disks of the other games. Once I see them
all run, I'm looking forward
to playing each one over again after all these years.

-Charlie