[Coco] New Hampshire COCO readers.

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Sun Jul 30 14:54:08 EDT 2006

Can the members of this list that are near southern New Hampshire
(Milford driving area) contact me at any of about the items below, and
also on a more personal matter.

wb8tyw(at)qsl.net or malmberg(at)encompasserve.org.

Please do not forward this to other newsgroups or forums.

I am going to start purging my basement soon of things that I do not see
a likely hood of using.  They have been there 6 years, and before that
were in storage at my old location.

I have a lot of discrete components, some of them over 20 years old, and
some of them still on circuit boards.

I have tried selling the circuit boards and components at ham-fests in
the past, and no one was interested, so I would not be surprised if this
gets any offers.

I also have quite a number of boxes of old magazines, including 73
magazine, QST, and Ciarcia's Circuit Cellar, and some boxes of water
damaged but human readable 80-micro.  This includes some old BYTE, and
some other computer related magazines of old.

If no one wants this type of stuff, the magazines will start going next
week to be turned into pulp, and most of the electronic components will
be going to the landfill or other recycling center.

I need the space, and those magazines are taking up a lot of space.  The
hardware components are also taking up space, but not as much.  The
movers jumbled the hardware components together, and I have finally
determined that I am never going to use them, even if I take the time to
sort them out.  In their current condition, it is faster for me to buy
new, than to try to find where I have one.

At this time, I am still keeping my COCO related stuff.

I also have a TRS-80 III/IV conversion with a defective double sided
drive and bad 12V power supply.  This has all the compilers and a balky
but possibly functional external 15M hard drive.  Which means to someone
that wants to restore one, this would be very useful.  As this was a
conversion, it has the original model 3 color.  Keyboard may have been
modified to put the control key where I expect it to be.  I do not
really remember.  This will all need to go as a single item.

Also a VT180 (ROBIN) VT100 + CP/M on quad floppies is one of the things
leaving, and I think I have two TI99/4 with a few modules.

These systems were given to me by other hobbyists, so even though there
might be some value to them on ebay, I do not want to deal with that
process, or with shipping, but would prefer that they go to someone that
will actually use them for something other than target practice.

Regards,

-John
wb8tyw(at)qsl.net
Personal Opinion Only