[Coco] Format of DEFT.ZIP

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jul 4 11:25:57 EDT 2006

I can't speak for the author but I do know what is "wrong" with the .dsk
image in DEFT.ZIP. There is a header at the front of the image and an
extra bytes at the end of the image that MESS can't handle. If you use a
PC raw file editor and remove the first 80 bytes and then make the file
27600 bytes long, there won't be any FS errors when trying to use the
disk image.

My guess is that this image was created prior to the current programs
that work on PCs. The header contains QDISKCoCo which probably is the
image generating program. I don't know whether the tail end bytes are
required by any of the programs on the image but MESS expects either a
current header or 27600 bytes.