[Coco] New subscriber

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 30 17:14:40 EST 2006

Brian Blake wrote:
> Hello, all.
 >
> I was also looking into getting a Dragon 64 after finding a company
> in California (California Digital) still has several hundred. Has
> anybody here had experience with this company? Current price is $39 +
>  s/h for what is supposed to be a new, unopened box. Here is the web
> page: http://www.cadigital.com/computer.htm

I have a couple of them, pretty much a standard Dragon 64 adapted the
the American market, NTSC & 110V power, but they are as you say new and
in the box. The one thing I will say is that they did take a couple of
months to get to me, however that is probably because I live in the UK  :)

They are pretty much equivelent to a CoCo 2 with Extended Color basic,
except that they have a paralell printer port rather than a bit-banged
serial. They also have an  IMHO better keyboard, but that's more because
it's what I got used to having used Dragons a long time before I had a
CoCo, as they where much more common over here.

There is also a Nitros9 port for the Dragon, though that will depend on
what Disk controler you had, I have just recently ported one of the
Dragon Dos clones (equivelent  of Disk Extended Color basic) to run on
the RS-DOS controler (tested on FD-500, FD-502 & Disto super), so that
it can be used as a disk controler for the Tano, as I would imagine real
DragonDos controlers are pretty hard to find outside the UK. You will
need to blow this to an eprom however.

Hope that helps

Phill.