[Coco] Way off-topic, traffic

Roger Taylor roger at newfoal.com
Sun Jan 29 13:01:49 EST 2006

At 09:47 AM 1/29/2006, you wrote:

>Being that I was born and raised in TEXAS, I find no problem with the way
>we drive, except for the morons talking on cell phones.
>
>Probably the guy that swerved suddenly to avoid hitting that truck was on
>a CELL phone and wasn't paying attention. Didn't notice the truck until
>the last moment.
>It is NOT legal to drive on the shoulder in Texas. It is legal to use it
>for things such as going around a left-turn auto, letting a faster auto
>get past you, turning right, breaking down, changing tires and getting
>rear ended by someone on a cell phone.
>I think the shoulder should be used by folks on the cell phone. If you're
>going to talk, pull over to the shoulder, slow down and talk. Get off the
>danged road!!!
>Lane Weasels are a real problem. Those are the folks that use the high
>speed lane to go slow in.
>Then the most dangerous are the Winter Texans from up North. These folks
>have no clue

I said Welcome to Texas, but it's actually Welcome to planet Earth.  :)

The fact is that nobody wants to wait in line, anywhere, anytime, on the
road or foot.  People have become extremely impatient and it doesn't help
at all in today's New York style pace.  Even out in the boons or sticks
people act like the world is about to come to an end and they haven't got 1
single second to wait for the car before them to make their left turn (or
by chance a right turn and they forgot to hit their blinker?).  Think about
those innocent kids about to be slammed from the right door by the jerk who
doesn't have to wait on anybody, by God.  :)

If you add up all the swerve-arounds, right-lane-zoom-by's, tail-gaiting
attacks, and speeding, you really can't account for
about 30 seconds total over your whole road trip.  That's the funny part...
John Doe saved 4 seconds and risked 20 innocent lives on his way from Work
to Home, mind you, *whipped* up in his driveway, got out real slow and
eased his way into the house real slow and calm, plopped down in that fat
recliner, and did absolutely nothing for the rest of the evening.  :)  And,
he sleeps very well at night... no concerns at all.  That's the guy doing
all of this.  :)

--
Roger Taylor