[Coco] "See, click, and get" CoCo gallery?

George Ramsower Yahoo at DVDPlayersOnly.com
Sun Jan 29 10:47:34 EST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roger Taylor"

> I live in East Texas.  This entire area is known for oil wells, oil
> services, from the big giants down to the little guys who sell bolts and
> nuts to the companies next door to them, etc.  They are slap all over the
> place.  Can we say redneck city?
>
> On the other hand, we have a lot of CoCo users in Texas... more than we
> realize, way more than what's shown on the US Map you can get to from the
> front page of CoCo3.com near the bottom.
>
> Btw, in Texas it's legal to drive on the shoulders!!?  Can you believe
> this?  The rough sides of the road that are for emergency-only use in
> Louisiana gets driven on as much as the road itself around here.  For
> instance, if a long string of cars are cruising up the highway and the
> leader decides he wants to stop and take a left onto the interstate ramp,
> but he can't turn yet due to oncoming traffic... well, guess what!!  Yep,
> you guessed it...  every Tom, Dick, and Harry behind him will soon be
> flying by his right window doing 55.  No Joke.  And what if something up
> there goes wrong?  They don't seem to care.  They also do not warn you by
> tapping their brakes or slowing down if something ahead is in their way
> and they need to swerve into another lane.  If everybody is doing 45 and
> some huge industrial truck is sitting at a railroad track because of his
> policy, and you are 2nd in line behind the traffic that's approaching him
> doing 45, the first car swerves real fast into the left lane still doing
> 45 causing YOU to slam right into the back of that industrial truck,
> stopping *on a dime*, bouncing off of that industrial truck, causing you
> to EAT YOUR AIRBAG, and walk away with burns on your forearms from how
> hard you slammed into everything. :)   This is why I have no minivan and
> there are glass particles still below the skin on some of my knuckles.
>
> Don't get me wrong... I have a CDL and have driven in rough traffic all my
> life, but this place just has it all wrong, and the law doesn't care.
> Welcome to Texas!  :)

 Being that I was born and raised in TEXAS, I find no problem with the way
we drive, except for the morons talking on cell phones.

 Probably the guy that swerved suddenly to avoid hitting that truck was on a
CELL phone and wasn't paying attention. Didn't notice the truck until the
last moment.
 It is NOT legal to drive on the shoulder in Texas. It is legal to use it
for things such as going around a left-turn auto, letting a faster auto get
past you, turning right, breaking down, changing tires and getting rear
ended by someone on a cell phone.
 I think the shoulder should be used by folks on the cell phone. If you're
going to talk, pull over to the shoulder, slow down and talk. Get off the
danged road!!!
 Lane Weasels are a real problem. Those are the folks that use the high
speed lane to go slow in.
 Then the most dangerous are the Winter Texans from up North. These folks
have no clue

George... In TEXAS!!