[Coco] Re: [Alug] Free websites (fwd)

Richard E. Crislip rcrislip at neo.rr.com
Fri Jan 27 13:23:08 EST 2006

Hi Geoge R.:,

Here is another suggestion from the LUG I belong to.

*** Forwarded message, originally written by James Lehman on 01/28/2006 ***
Piece of cake!

Just set up vsftp to chroot the user who logs in into there home directory.
They will not be able to navigate any farther backwards in the directory
tree. The Apache web server allows one to set up virtual domains and user
spaces within domains that overlap. I just got done setting up a machine
that allows me to ftp in as one user and get to everything that the server
has to offer. I also have other users who maintain websites. When they log
in via ftp all they see in their own stuff.

James.   :o)