[Coco] S-video Prospects...

Chris Hawks chawks at dls.net
Wed Jan 25 23:14:57 EST 2006

John & Stephen:

    I built the RGB to S-Video adapter and it works great, EXCEPT...
On the 80 column screen (and maybe the 40 column, it's har to tell), I'm
missing a few dots at the beginnig of the lines. About 1/2 a character on
the 80 column screen. Either of you see this??

    My circuit is right off the data sheet, except for the 75 ohm
resistors on the R, G, abd B lines. I used 33 and 47 ohm resistors:

     33
---/\/\/--------||-----
Coco       |           ad724
           /
           \ 47
           /
           \

          GND
(1.2v * 47 / 75 = 7.5v)

    Does the same with 2  75 ohm resistors.

John:
    What did the display look like before you changed the crystal's
capacitor???

Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft
Any research done on how to efficiently use computers has been long lost
in the mad rush to upgrade systems to do things that aren't needed by
people who don't understand what they are really supposed to do with them.
    -- Graham Reed, in a.s.r.