[Coco] S-video Prospects...

Stephen H. Fischer SFischer1 at MindSpring.com
Sat Jan 7 22:09:53 EST 2006

Hi,

Sorry, I forgot to include the Url.

ftp://maltedmedia.com/coco/CC3/Monitors/Svideo/

In looking at the EXIF in the files, some how the
"Distance to subject" was 132.6 Meters.

That is totally wrong, the camera was ~ 6 feet away.

The "Focal length" was 13.6 mm which I think is way too small.

The next time I am going to move some furniture which will delay
the project so that I will not be trying to adjust the camera standing on a
trampoline with the camera above my head.

The CoCo generates both fields to be the same, or is it just generating one
of the fields?

I forget the correct terms. On many TV's this results in every other line on
the screen being black.

My TV seems to reduce this effect which is good.

In looking at your pictures, to my eyes they seem to be very present.

This is normal for all CoCos.

Looking at a display produced with a modern computer on a good monitor you
will not see these black lines as progressive display mode was created to
eliminate them.

I am sure that someone can explain this better than me.

Stephen H. Fischer