[Coco] Technical OS9 Q.

Dave Kelly daveekelly at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 22 20:49:02 EST 2006

Bob Devries wrote:
> Dave Kelly said:
>
>> What happens if you have 60 files or directories in your root directory?
>

> If you try to add a file beyond the already allocated size of the
> directory, it will be extended to the limit that the fdseg area of the
> file descriptor allows (not all at once of course).

So now I have another FD of size  1 sector along with 7 sectors. This FD
fdseg will
contain the address to the sector that contains the last 4 file names
(29 bites each ) plus the 3 bite disk address of the file descriptor for
each file? And this  FD can be anywhere the OS deems fit to write it?

--
Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which
differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are