[Coco] Re: Spam

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz bathory at maltedmedia.com
Mon Jan 16 08:42:24 EST 2006

At 01:34 PM 1/16/06 +0100, you wrote:
>Dennis, any clues?

Nope.

As I recall, three have slipped through to the maltedmedia list itself in
the past two years, and none that got through to this list from Yahoo or
Gmane.

It was explained to me once, but I don't remember the specifics ...
something about how the header is formed so it looks like it came from the
list itself during the forward from the receiving mail server (which runs
several anti-spam programs) to the distributing list server. I know that it
happens on Yahoo groups now & then, and from what you say, apparently on
Gmane (where they are very diligent about catching & squashing these).

Dennis