[Coco] CC2 Not Working

John Donaldson johnadonaldson at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 14 21:38:39 EST 2006

Ok what I get when I try to compile CC252.c I get and error on line 31

static int newipath = -1;
^
error = Indentifier missing.

Which is werid since all I got was 12 errors and in the Usage()
subroutine there is a
static char *help[] = {....     which was not included in the error
listing. So this tells me
that the varible "static" should be OK. Sometimes in C the line that
really contains the
error is the line before. This line reads

char * chkccdev();

Thinking mayby there was a bad character or something. I deleted the
line and
retype it in. I am using VED as my editor.

Still get the "Identifier Missing" error at the beginning of the line.

A module.h came with the source so going to see if replacing the one in my
defs directory with this one makes a difference.

OK, that got rid of the error and CC2 compiled CC252. Ident gave me
Module Size  $2941  #10561
Module CRC $444612

The one that someone sent me is

Module Size $2384  #9092
Module CRC $161DE5

I suppect mine is larger due to I have the .h set to TWO_PASS = true and the
one I was sent has it set to false.

Now if someone can send me a copy of CCDEVICE module or the utility to break
the existing CC module apart so I can reused the one in it, I think I
will have the
newest CC up and running.

John Donaldson