[Coco] Re: S-video Prospects...

Richard E. Crislip rcrislip at neo.rr.com
Thu Jan 5 01:53:19 EST 2006

Hello jdaggett at gate.net

Errr... he said <embarrassed grin> I was barking up the wrong tree. I am
dealing with RJRTTY and that's who I probably prepayed 8-S. Sorry for adding
un-necessary static to your converstaion.

On 01/05/2006, jdaggett at gate.net wrote:
> Richard
>
> The AD725 alone is $9 in single unit price.
>

>> > Remember, we need only a few simple parts:
>> >
>> > 1 x AD72x IC
>
> AD 725  ~$9
>
>> > 1 x Surf Board
>> > 1 x small perf board
>
> Surf Board and perf board together will be in the $7 to $8 range
>
> Even though I would not recommend the surfboard as a means of builing
> up  the AD72x chips.
>
>> > some small wire
>> > 1 x Crystal or OSC
>
> ~$2 either crystal or Oscillator.
>
>> > Perhaps a S-Video Connector to mount in the back of the CoCo Case.
>
> $1.65
>
>> > 6 x 75 Ohm resistors
>> > 3 x 100 Ohm resistors for in the R, G and B lines from the CoCo.
>> >
>> > 5 x .01 Caps
>> > 2 x 10  Caps
>> > 3 x 220  Caps
>> >
>> > Maybe 2 x 10K Ohm Resistors
>> >
> *****
>
> Chip resistors a penny apiece. Chip caps also a penny a piece except
> for  the 10 uF and 220uF tants. Figure about $0.25 and $0.50 each
> respectively   for those.
>
>> > My interest is non - CoCo and requires an AD725, an AD724 being
>> >  perhaps etter for a CoCo project.
>> >
> ***
>
> either chip is usable.
>
>> > Those parts do not add up to $95. Most except for the IC and Surf
>> >  Board might may allready have in my parts bin.
>> >
>> > Stephen H. Fischer
>> >
> ****
>
> I figure between $23 and $25 material costs alone. Then add in the cost
> to  ship the parts in. About another $5 or $10 for a full blown PCB
> done. I would  say that it could be done for under $50 no problem.
>
> james

Regards
--
Cruising on AutoPilot                        |
        With an Amiga           ---o-o-O-o-o---  and a CoCo