[Coco] Re: S-video Prospects...

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Wed Jan 4 20:44:25 EST 2006

Richard

The AD725 alone is $9 in single unit price.

> > Remember, we need only a few simple parts:
> >
> > 1 x AD72x IC

AD 725  ~$9

> > 1 x Surf Board
> > 1 x small perf board

Surf Board and perf board together will be in the $7 to $8 range

Even though I would not recommend the surfboard as a means of builing up
the AD72x chips.

> > some small wire
> > 1 x Crystal or OSC

~$2 either crystal or Oscillator.

> > Perhaps a S-Video Connector to mount in the back of the CoCo Case.

$1.65

> > 6 x 75 Ohm resistors
> > 3 x 100 Ohm resistors for in the R, G and B lines from the CoCo.
> >
> > 5 x .01 Caps
> > 2 x 10  Caps
> > 3 x 220  Caps
> >
> > Maybe 2 x 10K Ohm Resistors

*****

Chip resistors a penny apiece. Chip caps also a penny a piece except for
the 10 uF and 220uF tants. Figure about $0.25 and $0.50 each respectively
for those.

> > My interest is non - CoCo and requires an AD725, an AD724 being perhaps
> > better for a CoCo project.

***

either chip is usable.

> > Those parts do not add up to $95. Most except for the IC and Surf Board
> > I might may allready have in my parts bin.
> >
> > Stephen H. Fischer

****

I figure between $23 and $25 material costs alone. Then add in the cost to
ship the parts in. About another $5 or $10 for a full blown PCB done. I would
say that it could be done for under $50 no problem.

james