[Coco] Re: Coco Digest, Vol 29, Issue 81

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 16:14:55 EST 2006

On 1/29/06 Torsten Dittel wrote:

Any other movies showing the CoCo? We should have a collection of screen
> shots in a gallery on coco3.com...

By far (IMHO), the greatest CoCo exposure came about on Revenge of the Nerds
movies 1 & 2. In Nerds 1 the CoCo plays a part in the musical competition,
the CoCo - which looks like a large case F board with the low profile
keyboard - has no name tag on the top of the case, probably removed to avoid
any branding issues; in the second nerds movie, the CoCo is shown runing the
Spectrum Analysis pak is in yet another musical scene: the HOTel cORAL esSEX
party throw by the nerds bunch..

The Spinal Tap movie also has a CoCo featured in there, while on the tour
bus a couple of band members are playing Polaris.

I remember an odd movie, one of those Saturday morning matinee ones, cheesy
action, cheesy acting and a ridicule script. The movie went about a group of
bad guys taking over a nuclear silo and threatening on launching the
missile, the control room featured a CoCo, but the display seen in the movie
was not obviously coming from the CoCo - lost of colors for starters and
animation feats that could only be made in a CoCo 3. Can't remember the name
of the movie though.

-=[ Rogelio ]=-