[Coco] [color computer] Just imagining...

George Ramsower yahoo at dvdplayersonly.com
Tue Jan 24 21:22:46 EST 2006

I was just wondering..

 These new programmable chips are so fast and powerful today, it's just
amazing!

 Could a really fast one be able to(with good, tight coding) monitor the CPU
in a coco, understand what it was trying to do(such as in RS-BASIC) and
produce the info to (for example) run a graphics card? This wouldn't be an
issue with software if we were running RS-Basic on a coco.
 No COCO software required! The plug-in card with powerful chips could
interpret and display what was intended for a TV without interfering with
the COCO!

  It seems that a certain group of instructions, in a particular order would
be needed to operate the gime chip, for example.
  If the CPLD or whatever the newest, fastest chips are available could
monitor the instructions being processed, a routine could catch it and
create whatever things need to happen.

  This may be far-fetched to the point of impossible, but what do I know?  I
only write basic09 programs on a stock coco.... good enough for me.

  I'm sure in OS-9, a driver would be a great go-between.

  OS-9 is MY thing.

 George R

Yahoo! Groups Links