[Coco] OS9DSK programme for PC

Bob Devries bdevries at gil.com.au
Mon Jan 9 04:26:27 EST 2006

Well, I've almost finished writing my OS9DSK programme for DOS.
Currently, I have it doing the following commands:

-lsn0 : displays the contents of the first sector of the virtual disk.
-dir[=pathname] : displays a directory of the root directory, or, if
pathname is supplied, of that directory.
-dire[=pathname] : displays an extended directory of the root directory, or,
if pathname is supplied, of that directory.
-get=pathname : copies a file from the virtual disk to the current directory
of the PC.

I'd like to add a "-put=pathname" function, but I currently don't have much
of an idea about how to write the code for that.
I'd also like to add a "-script=pathname" function, which will write a DOS
batchfile to allow multiple files to be copied from the virtual disk. I'm
fairly sure this aspect is trivial.

I'd love to make this into a windows programme, but I know less than nothing
about the windows API.

I'd accept any pointers (groan) to how to go about the above.

Does anyone know who wrote the Coco/OS9 section of Wimgtool.exe?
I can't understand why that programme doesn't allow reading/writing VHD
files, since the disk structure is identical.

the capacity to be his spokesman,
so that I know how to help the weary.