[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Ebay bad sellers

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Feb 26 18:50:46 EST 2006

On Sunday 26 February 2006 18:33, Rod Barnhart wrote:
>I have to agree with Glen on this one. It sounds more and more like a
>phishing attempt the more Basil says about it.
>
>My wife deals on eBay all the time, both as a buyer and a seller. The
> only complaint that she has is that most sellers wait for their
> buyers to leave feedback, and will leave a retaliatory negative
> feedback if she leaves them negative (even though she always pays
> same day when she's buying, and ships within 24 hours when she's
> selling). But she gets a phishing email every now and then for there
> or Amazon that she has to ask me about (I spent too many years at in
> tech support for an ISP, and some of them nearly fool me too!) before
> she clicks the link.
>
>Rod

FWIW guys & gals, I probably delete 20 ebay/paypall phishing msgs a day
that Spamassassin catches & sorts to the JunqueMail directory.

Since I've not done any business with either in over a year due to ebays
policy's re putting buyer and seller in touch with each other, I just
delete the darned things.

Having cleaned that up about 30 minutes ago, I don't have any samples to
paste in here.  However, I do recommend Spamassassin, its miss level
after a bit of training is down past .01% and approaching zero with
only the new formats getting past it in several weeks now.  They get
fed to sa-learn-spam as does the false positives in getting fed to
sa-learn-ham.