[Coco] RE: [Color Computer] New stuff

Glen VanDenBiggelaar glenvdb at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 26 06:46:48 EST 2006

Thanks for the info Richard,
It's a very neat design! each key mechanism is interlocking (like lego,on
top of a circuit board) thus if you had more keys, you can add to the
design, and create any "extra" keys like function, keypad etc. The only
thing is you would have to add to the circuit board, but it almost looks
like a wire wrap design, that someone with a bit of solder could
theoretically add to.

The other  CoCo is neat also, a very simple design that they soldered a coco
2 keyboard connectors  to the pins on the motherboard, the the mylar "Cable"
just slides in like any CoCo 2. BUT that was just the beginning. Originally
it was a 4K 26-3001 with basic, they added the extended ROM and 32K
upgrade.- The 32K upgrade was gold top RAM from Tandy. I had seen a bunch of
32K upgrades, But never with Gold Ram with Tandy's and Motorola's Logo's on
them. The "regular" 32K upgrade was just plain chips with Tandy's logo on
them. Anyway, I thought it was rather interesting, even if nobody else does.
I suspect this was a very early upgrade.
-Glen

Be sure to stop by
www.coco.8bit-micro.com
Proud Microsoft Supporter, User and Tech since 1982

>Glen,
>
>On the keyboard, I seem to recall that Mark Data made those - don't know if
>anyone else did. I also believe I've heard they were actually Model I
>keyboards that had been adapted to fit the CoCo.
>
>Whatever they were, I had one (actually, still HAVE, boxed and in storage).
>SOOOOO much better than the horrible Chiclet keyboard!
>
>Ciao,

>FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar – get it now!
>

>Brought to you by the 6809, the 6803 and their cousins!
>Yahoo! Groups Links

Yahoo! Groups Links