[Coco] Radio Shack CEO Resigns

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Sun Feb 26 02:16:39 EST 2006

On 02/25/2006 03:28 pm, KnudsenMJ at aol.com wrote:
> Excuse me for coming in late -- I just recently re-enabled my Coco List
> mail delivery -- but I was surprised to read in the paper that the CEO
> resigned from "Radio Shack" and not "Tandy Corp.".  Did Tandy finally
> change its official name to Radio Shack, or did Radio Shack spin off from
> mother  Tandy, or what?
>
> I always thought that Radio Shack was the better name, since none of
> Tandy's other offerings (like leather kits) were very visible.  But I just
> wonder about the name change.

From http://www.radioshackcorporation.com/about/history.html

In 2000, shareholders approved changing the name of RadioShack's parent
company – Tandy Corporation – to RadioShack Corporation to focus attention on
one company with one vision: To become the most powerful one-stop shop to
connect people to the wonders of modern technology. The company's New York
Stock Exchange symbol officiallly became "RSH" on May 31 of that year.

Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

I think boys might benefit from owning a Barbie doll; every young man
should understand what an expensive proposition it is to cohabitate with
a narcissistic woman built like a stripper.  --  Tony Woodlief