[Coco] Radio Shack CEO Resigns

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Thu Feb 23 20:37:51 EST 2006

On 02/22/2006 04:39 pm, Kevin Diggs wrote:
> Neil Morrison wrote:
> > As for batteries, I get 8 AAs or AAAs or 4 Cs or 2 216Ps for a buck at
> > the dollar store.They don't seem any worse than Radio Shack's much
> > higher priced offerings - usually $2.50 or $3.50 for half that quantity
> > and probably made in the same factory.
> >
> > Neil
>
>  I was at Walmart a couple weeks back to pick up some AA NiMh batteries.
> They sell 8 AAs for like $18. Then I noticed that Duracell had 8 for
> $16. I looked at the tops of the batteries. The same -same factory?. I
> looked at the bottoms. They had the same letters stamped on them - same
> factory!

Nothing unusual there at all, from canned cat food at your local supermarket
to computers.  The Tandy 1200 was built by Tandon (poorly).  I don't know
about now, as I avoid the stores, but back in my RSCC days the high end
Realistic stereo equipment was mostly rebranded Technics and other pretty
good brands.  Speakers were made by Tandy, and I wish I still had my Mach
Ones.  IIRC, in those days most product lines were between 40-60% made by
Tandy or jobbed out.  Among the computer lines, pretty well all printers were
rebrands.  Nowadays I don't know if Radio Shack Corp owns a single factory.
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

I think boys might benefit from owning a Barbie doll; every young man
should understand what an expensive proposition it is to cohabitate with
a narcissistic woman built like a stripper.  --  Tony Woodlief