[Color Computer] [coco] OFF TOPIC! by golly..

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Feb 23 10:47:51 EST 2006

On Thursday 23 February 2006 03:44, George's Coco Address wrote:
>I'm being ripped off by an internet SEO company.... I think.
>
>If anyone here can offer some help with discovery, please contact me
> off list.
>
>If you are good, use....
>
>georgera
>
>and
> at gvtc
>
>dot com
>
>I need help and I don't know how to deal with this EXPENSIVE  outfit.
>.
>George
>
>BTW... I've been spammed to my Coco Email address twice today. Bummer.
> I suppose I'll have to un-subscribe and re-subscribe again with a new
> one.
>
> Darn those spammers!

There is a collection of perl and python stuff called Spamassassin that
you may be able to make work on that redmond based (spit, leaves a bad
taste in my mouth to even come that close to sayng it) box of yours
George.  I use it here on this linux box, and it catches and sorts to
the JunqueMail folder, about 200 a day, with a very low false positive
ratio, maybe one a day.  Its trainable so it will not recognize that
same FP agan if you feed it spam (or ham) it missed and it will
recognize it next time.  Bayes based for the most part although I also
use rules_du_jour to keep the database up to date.

It only takes me about 10 minutes a day for disposing of its output.
The rest of the time, with anyplace from 500-2000 messages a day, is
relatively painless.  But I am on too many lists too.

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are:

Yahoo! Groups Links