[Coco] PICs and S-Video

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Wed Feb 22 08:24:32 EST 2006

Quoting Mark Marlette <mark at cloud9tech.com>:

> Chris,
>
> Go with an AVR, they are cheap, many choices under $5. Programmers are cheap.
>
> You understand 6809 assembly, picking up on the AVR... no problem for you.

Yeah I'll definatly second that, looked at PICs and AVRs when I got back into
doing electronic stuff, and decided that PIC asm was horrible ! AVR is much
closer to 6809, plus there is also a free GCC implementation.

Also don't be put off by the fact that the max PIC speed is 40MHz, and AVR is
20MHz, I believe that the PICs internally devide that by 4 so it's effectivly
ony 10MHz.

Just my 2 pence worth.....

Phill.