[Coco] Radio Shack CEO Resigns

RJRTTY at aol.com RJRTTY at aol.com
Wed Feb 22 04:15:20 EST 2006

In a message dated 2/22/06 12:08:36 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
gene.heskett at verizon.net writes:

>>DO NOT buy any soldering irons at the Shack.  I  bought
>>one to use as a backup and when I fired it up the tips  lasted
>>about a half day of heavy use.  THe tips on my  Weller
>>and Xytonic irons last over a year!!!   What a  difference.
>>
>>Roy

>I have an original  xytonic(sp?) thats about 17 or 18 years old that may
>have the original  tip still in its ditty bag.

Actually I have the original tip in my Xytronic too.  I have  only
had the soldering-desoldering station for a little over a year.
It's a great machine.  I only use it for surface mount work.
I use the 25 watt Weller for everything else and yes the element
in it lasted about 6 months.

Roy