[Coco] Re: I said *word* *processors*!!!

Richard E. Crislip rcrislip at neo.rr.com
Wed Feb 15 04:23:07 EST 2006

Hello Leon

On 02/14/2006, Leon Howell wrote:
>   I don't get it. The CoCo 3 is better than Atari or Commodore. OS-9
>   Level II  is better than CP/M, Geos, or SPDX. So why do they all have
> such great word  processors, and all we get are lousy text editors???
>
>   Maybe I misunderstand just what T/S-Word or Dynastar can do. The ads
>   for FHL  in Rainbow 1988 said Dynastar had centering, align
> left/right, page numbering,  auto page breaks, auto indent, word wrap,
> etc., all with the Wordstar commands  I'm already familliar with. But
> did it really? Or was all that done by a  seperate program called
> DynaForm? And would it be shown on screen, or would I  have to wait and
> print it to see what I get?
>
> What about T/S-Word? I understand it acts as a graphical main menu for
> the  editor, T/S-Spell, and formatting. At least that brings everything
> into one  environment, even if it's all done at seperate times. But do
> I get to see it  all on screen, or do I have to print it to see
> anything?

I used DynaStar for some time. However, it has been a long time back too. So
my remembering is on the fuzzy side. At any rate, I do remember having that
it was definately not WYSIWYG. Formatting require special codes inserted
into the text to cause bold, italics, underlining, etc. Spell check was done
by a separate program called (cunningly enough) DynaSpell. On my 512k CoCO3
I often had DynaStar, DynaSpell, DynaCalc, and multiple iterations of
Sculptor at the same time to the amazement of my PC using friends 8-).

Regards
--
Cruising on AutoPilot                        |
        With an Amiga           ---o-o-O-o-o---  and a CoCo