[Coco] Re: I said *word* *processors*!!!

Leon Howell puritan_2076 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 15 15:05:49 EST 2006

> >  Maybe I misunderstand just what T/S-Word or Dynastar can do. The
> >ads for FHL in Rainbow 1988 said Dynastar had centering, align
> >left/right, page numbering, auto page breaks, auto indent, word wrap,
> >etc., all with the Wordstar commands I'm already familliar with. But
> >did it really?
>
> Most of that is done by Dynastar itself.

Wonderfull! I can probably deal with "most" and will need a good editor for
CCEnv, the environment that makes "Basic"-09, etc, act like Visual "Basic",
etc.

> >Or was all that done by a seperate program called
> >DynaForm? And would it be shown on screen, or would I have to wait
> >and print it to see what I get?
>
> Well... Dynastar expects to run in text mode, using termset rather
> than gfx.  There are limits to what you can do in text mode.

What parts *doesn't* DynaStar do, that reqire DynaForm? Does DynaForm use a
graphical screen? Do they have to run seperately or can I get to one from the
other's menu?

> Others have mentioned Window Writer, and I confirm that it's a very
> nice GUI word processor.  Not as powerful or programable as, say,
> dynastar/dynaform or nroff, but pretty solid within its limits.

Window Writer sounds like exactly what I want. Where can I get a copy, *now*?

By the way, I'm not complaining about Cloud-9, and I understand Mark's current
situation, but I also think it proves the need for at least one more major
CoCo 3 dealer.