[Coco] Suggestions, recommendations, ideas....

Roger Taylor webmaster at coco3.com
Sun Feb 5 13:08:10 EST 2006

At 11:09 AM 2/5/2006, you wrote:
>I have not been around the Coco for years. I've ordered a few off of eBay
>and am wanting to dive in head first. What I'd really like to do is start
>off with a few projects for improving the capabilities. I have a few Coco
>2's, a Coco 1 and a Coco 3. Many (if not all) of you guys are far more
>familiar with the Coco than I am at this point, and I am looking for a
>little advise on where to start.
>
>   I've got a strong background in PC type computers and better than
> average soldering skills, and I can follow a schematic (the Navy did
> teach me a few things...).
>
>   So, what do you guys suggest as beginning projects to help me learn and
> boost Coco performance???
>
>   Thnaks,
>
>   Brian

Allow me to get a plug in.  :)  Most definately, get a CoCo IDE for your
PC  ;)  and practice your CoCo assembly language skills there from a more
efficient environment.  You can whip up some neat programs in no time and
have them fully tested before they even run on your real CoCo.  Check out
www.coco3.com/ind_6809dev.php.

If you're into BASIC, I suggest checking out Mary Kramer's CoCoNutz!
newsletter (which is more of a mini-book recently) and type in all of the
BASIC listings.  Use the PDF copies for this purpose.