[Coco] (no subject)

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Feb 2 18:10:22 EST 2006

On Thursday 02 February 2006 12:30, Roger Taylor wrote:
>This is hilarious...
>
>http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/provider/providerarticle.asp?Feed=FRB
>&Date=20060202&ID=5470861

Yeah, didja note that about 3 years ago, the GSA gave the IRS all sorts
of static because they'd blown something like 7 billion on computer
upgrades that didn't work and had to cancel migration plans a couple of
times a year for the last 6 or 7 years.  So to know they're still
running on those old NCR mainfarmes does tend to make me chuckle while
I'm also steaming because its your money and mine that was
wasted/blown/suckered out of the agency by bottom feeders like Gates,
who would in all likelyhood do a poor job in hopes it won't ever
improve their efficiency or accuracy.  Heck, thats probably 99% of us
now that I think on it.  I mean, it IS the IRS (we're here to help you,
please don't be afraid) isn't it. :-)

AFAIK, they haven't managed to come up with a valid, workable plan to
update their systems with yet...  Humm, maybe they need Peter Quinn?

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: