[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Let me introduce myself

Charles Richmond richmond at plano.net
Wed Feb 1 01:22:41 EST 2006

I am a software engineer too. There are millions of us out here,
you know.  ;-)   In my view, 6809 assembly language was designed
to make it easier for programmers to use it directly. It's *not*
like the RISC assembly languages that may execute very fast, but
are difficult to program in directly. I have experience working
with other micro assembly languages, and the 6809 is truly the
top-of-the-line in 8-bit.

I guess it all depends on the project you are working on. For some
things, BASIC is just too slow