[Coco] The old vendors

Chester A Patterson vchester at setec-cr.com
Mon Feb 20 18:30:39 EST 2006

Hi,

I've been "off-line" from the Coco work, so to speak, for over 10 years. I'm
getting the itch, did a search and have hooked up with you guys. Now I gotta
find a spot at home to set up my CC2 and CC3 and start up again. I used to
work at Howard Medical Computers (Chicago) for a few years back in the late
80's. I was the last tech they had. They dropped Coco support, and they
dropped me! Now I live in Costa Rica, where I was born.

I was looking over my old hardware. The 20MB Seagate (OS9) seems OK. However
all my floppy drives (2x 3.5" and 2X 5-1/4") are beyond repair. Here in
Costa Rica these old 720K and 1.2MB drives are simply not available. I must
have some! Also, I imagine someone must have invented an IDE interface (I've
got Burke and Burke's old DTC MFM interface for the Seagate) I think I found
CRC (Canada) but they don't do Coco's no more. And Burke and Burke simply
doesn't have a web-site or I'm looking wrong.

So, the questions are, (1) who'll sell me one or two 720K and/or 1.2MB
drives? (2) Who'll sell me an IDE HD interface for OS9? Reasonably priced.
We don't make a lot of money down here, althought life is really good! And
I've got to have it shipped to Miami, then here, pay taxes, you get the
idea.

Thanks.

Chester A Patterson
San José, Costa Rica