[Coco] Coco printer primer...

Brian Blake random_rodder at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 12 22:51:51 EST 2006

Good evening everybody. In one of the eBay auctions I've one, I picked up a R/S DMP-110 printer. Seems to work fine, but the big issue I am having, not surprisingly, is where can I get ribbons for this dinosaur? I've read in several places that the ribbon is the same as that used in a Commodore MPS-801 and I have found a supplier for them (waiting for confirmation on this).

  What I am looking for I guess is the following:

  1. what dot matrix printers were compatible with the Coco? (My original was a Okidata 82A, but I cannot remeber what all it took to get it working)

  2. How hard is it to get the Coco to talk to more modern printers? I've got no problems with making the cables as long as I have a pinout diagram.

  My 14 year old is itching to do her semester report in science on a Coco (why I have no idea, guess it's the novelty) and I'd hate to let her down.

  Sorry if this is a repeat question to the list, I'm fairly new here and just rediscovering the Coco (and having a ton of fun in the process!!!).

  Thanks in advance for all the help!!!

  Brian