[Coco] Ramdisk freeware o open

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 12:55:39 EST 2006

Speaking of Ramdisks....
I had Disto's 1MB (I think, maybe it was 512KB ) ram disk cartridge.
I remember going into to each of the executables for the Microware C
compiler, and editing the executbale files with a hex editor to force them
to write their temp files and the output files to the ramdisk cartridge.
Merely copying these files to ramdisk did not really speed up compilation
that much. I also copied the system header files to the ramdisk. Once I got
the temp files and output files to be written to the ramdisk, hard drive
access was reduced significantly, and compilation time had sped up by 60% or
so.
I think that was the only thing I really used the RD for. But I never
figured out why I couldn't eliminate the HD access more than I did.