[Color Computer] Re: [Coco] ASM Coders - Round two!

James Diffendaffer jdiffendaffer at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 29 14:24:03 EDT 2006

To save you a little time... check out www.lomont.org for some code
that will help you out.  Chris Lomont has the source code to his
mandelbrot program there and it may have several routines you could use.

BTW, I think some of his routines can be optimized to save a few clock
cycles.  I'm not sure about the 6809 since I really haven't done much
on it but on the 65816 (very similar to the 6809) it's common to use a
stack pointer when drawing on the screen since it saves a clock cycle
for each access.  Or is this only valid for the 65816?

This brings me to a gripe I have about the coco.
If you were programming an Atari 800, C64 or even Plus/4 game I could
point you to music tracker plugins that you could include with only a
few lines of code.  Just point it to the music you want to play and
call the player within your interrupt handler and now your game has music.
Need blitter code?  No problem.  6502 or 65816 routines ready to use.
The coco?  I have to extract the code from a couple places or roll my
own and it takes much longer.

Yahoo! Groups Links