[Coco] Finally got broadband (ot)

David Roper dave at ebonhost.com
Mon Aug 28 21:39:36 EDT 2006

Gene Heskett wrote:
> Hummph!  Young whipersnappers, who left the door open anyway?
>
> Seriously, I wish I was 27 again, life was great, 4 years into a marraige I
> thought would last forever, two little girls crawling/toddling around the
> house yadda yadda.  We eventually had a boy & he was 6 when Annie had a
> stroke at 34 and died.  That began 18 years of hell, but lifes been good
> the last 20 (round figures) 17 years into my third marriage, except for my
> beginning the inevitable decline of old age with diabetic complications as
> I approach my 72nd birthday in October.
>
> Enjoy it while you can David, it will never come around again.
>
> [...]
I'm doing my best to enjoy it while I can.. I quit my job in the city,
as the commute was murder (nearly 4 hours a day travelling, for a
grunt-job!) and started a web design/development company with the wife
from home.

We get to spend most of our time at home with our three wonderful boys,
and not feel like "slaves to the man"

Recently moved to a gorgeous 5-bedroom two-storey house with ocean
views, and we're living it up while it lasts!

Thanks for the reminder that life only happens once, and it's to be lived

- David