[Coco] [Color Computer] Mounting floppy in xmess?

bsturk at adelphia.net bsturk at adelphia.net
Mon Aug 28 15:36:51 EDT 2006

> I've been serching for some info on how to load disk images in xmess...
> And I didn't find the solution.
>
> I installed mess for linux, ran "xmess.x11 coco3" and I got the coco3
> bios running, the beatyfull green screen loads... but I could not load a
> DSK image.
> I don't find or I don't now how to mount the floppy device from xmess.
> I think doing that thing in the windows version, with messgui is quite
> easier...

Hi there,

There are a couple of ways to do this.  One is using a command line argument.
Depending on your version of xmess it will either be -disk <filename> or
-disk1 <filename>.  I believe if you run xmess.x11 -showusage you will see all
the possible ways to specify this.

In addition there is a menu where you can pop up a disk selection dialog.  To
get to that screen press 'Tab'.

Hope this helps you out!

~telengard

--