[Coco] Finally got broadband (ot)

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Aug 28 09:44:51 EDT 2006

On Monday 28 August 2006 07:17, Bob Devries wrote:
>I really don't know how I did without ADSL before, and yet I did;
> starting with a 300 baud modem, migrating through 28.8 and 33.6 finally
> to 56K modem dial-up.
>
>I also finally opted for 256/64k ADSL when I moved house to this little
>town. In the end, it was no more expensive, and a whole lot more
> reliable.
>
>I don't think I'd be able to go back, though.

Yeah, I remember a 300 baud dialup that lasted about 3 days before I
figured out howto get 1200, then 1200, 2400, 9600, 14,4k, 28.8 & finally
56k dialups.  Now I have ADSL at 256k up/1.5M down for less money at the
end of the month.  I don't think I'd survive having to go back, the
frustration would give me a heart attack or stroke.