[Coco] Back to School

Rod Barnhart rod.barnhart at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 08:32:44 EDT 2006

Is it me, or does it seem that this list has a relatively high percentage of
non-traditional students on it? I went back last fall to formalize my
comp-sci education. I haven't been out of high school quite as long as you
have, but I'm still usually the oldest person in the classroom (typically
including instructors), with just 2 years to go to my 20-year high school
reunion. My experience has generally been great, but you might run into the
occasional instructor who has no real-world experience who practice always
follows theory, when you know that the real world doesn't always work the
way it should ;) Though at a community college, that's probably a bit less
likely to happen than at a state college.

Rod

On 8/27/06, Bruce W. Calkins <brucecalkins at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Was: [Coco] followup on nitros9/disto errors
>
> And on that note, I'll drop the line that I'm going back to school
> starting
> tomorrow.  Electrical / Electronic Engineering Technology, Computer
> Systems
> Concentration, at Chattanooga State Community College.   Other
> concentrations sharing the first year curriculum are Automated Controls
> and
> Networking Technology.
>
> I'm not sure just how much to blame my CoCo('s) (From 01-1983) and this
> fine
> assemblage of personas for this choice.  We'll be finding out just how
> well
> this old man can keep up with the other kids in class.  (33 years after
> High
> School)  Although it's creates some trepidation when one has to get a
> dictionary out before he's finished reading the introductions to the text
> books. (pedagogy)
>
> Bruce W.
>

> > Chuckle, and its the learning that is the fun, Mike. :)
> >
> > Cheers, Gene
> > -Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Rod Barnhart aka Wintermute (http://www.nitemarecafe.com)

NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the National Security Agency
may have read this email without warning, warrant, or notice. They may do
this without any judicial or legislative oversight. You have no recourse nor
protection save to call for the impeachment of the current President.