[Coco] enable no-halt disto driver

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Sat Aug 19 14:13:15 EDT 2006

Mike Pepe wrote:
> hey guys,
>
> playing with a disto SC2 here. how do I get the no-halt mode to work in
> nitros9? I'm guessing I need to build a new boot file with the proper
> driver installed?
>
> I forget how to do it...
>
> -Mike

Decide whether you need 6809 or 6309 for the CPU and select the correct
80 track disk as that contains the needed modules. For example, change
to the directory NitrOS-9/6309L2/BootLists and List the standard.bl
file. You will see many entries for the WD1773 disk controller.

Comment out the Tandy rb1773.dr and select the Disto SCII driver
required for your system based on the needed I/O address, $FF74 or
$FF58. It hardly matters with an emulator but is important with
hardware. The I/O port is controlled by a jumper in the controller and
should be set so that there are no conflicts with for example a hard
disk interface.
Select the desired descriptors for the drives you have.

Now you can change directories to NitrOS-9/6309L2/Scripts and use mb to
create a bootable disk with the no-halt drivers.